Toll Free 1-800-806-7368

Menu

The Sanibel Arms Vacation Guide

Make the Most of Your Florida Vacation: Tips for Maximizing Your Vacation Rental

vacation rental What would it be like to live in paradise? Well, a 1,000 new people move to Florida every day to find out. And why not? After all, the average annual temperature of South Florida in the summer is 82.7 degrees, and 68.5 degrees in the winter. Indeed, sunny skies every day and balmy beach conditions relieve more stress than you'd think -- you'll never get back all that time you spent bundling up and digging your car out of the snow.

But for some people, picking up and moving isn't an option quite yet. That's why beachfront condos and vacation rentals exist -- and there is no reason why you shouldn't take advantage of them.

Photograph on Day One
As soon as you arrive at your rental, hold the urge to flop down on the bed or dive into the pool and take pictures of every room. This will protect against liability from damage claims -- it is best to know the exact state of the home you arrived in.

Find Out the Housekeeping Situation
Before you arrive at the vacation rental, find out exactly what the housekeeping situation is like. Some hosts will have cleaners come every day, every few days, or only after you've left. It is best to know exactly what the accommodations are and be able to negotiate a better arrangement earlier on.

Utilize the Kitchen
One of the best things about having a vacation rental is having a full kitchen at your disposal. Since this is your vacation, by no means will you be doing much cooking or meal prep -- but sometimes, it is more relaxing to nosh on fresh provisions (requiring no preparation) from the comfort of your own home-base instead of braving the crowds at a restaurant for every single meal. Not to mention, having snacks on hand for in-between times and on-the-go meals can be a real life, and money, saver.

And most importantly...

Remember to Rest
More than half (53%) of employed U.S. adults come back from vacation feeling refreshed, but what about the other 47%? It's easy to get caught up in the logistics of a trip, and to feel like you have to take advantage of your time off to do all the available activities. Schedule a couple of "dates" with yourself to do absolutely nothing in your vacation rental -- make it your new home away from home where you don't have to worry about cleaning or maintenance. Even if you need to sleep for 12 hours straight, use your vacation time to get rested and relaxed.

Comments

Login or join to post comments and contribute.