The Sanibel Arms Vacation Guide
7 Tried and True Travel Hacks for the Ultimate Summer Vacation
We’re so close! It’s almost time for summer vacation and you know what that means: rest, relaxation, and fun in the sun! Unfortunately, travel often comes with a side of stress as delayed flights, short layover times, and long airport security lines can take their toll.
Don’t let travel complications ruin your perfect getaway. Use some of the following tips and tricks for a stress-free airport experience.
Seven Useful Travel Hacks
- Fly under the radar: When you go online to book your flights, hotels, or vacation rentals, enable private browsing to search incognito. Travel sites often track your Internet activity and have been known to raise their prices simply because they see that you have visited their website before.
- Avoid wrinkles: Few things can ruin an important business trip or a destination wedding like unpacking your clothes to find that they have become totally wrinkled inside your suitcase. Even the most skilled at folding clothes encounter this problem, but here’s a hack: wrap your clothes in tissue paper. You’ll be surprised to see the difference a bit of paper can make.
- Roll ‘em up: You can save space in your suitcase by rolling your clothes rather than folding them. This is also another way to prevent unsightly wrinkles and creases.
- Stuff your shoes: Roll up your socks and underwear and stick them in your shoes. Don’t let any empty space go to waste.
- Keep your collars crisp:Once your nice shirts are neatly folded, keep the collar crisp and round by rolling up a belt and sticking it in the neck hole.
- Recycle: Instead of buying new travel-sized toothpaste tubes and shampoos, fill up your old ones once they are empty.
- Save water: Everyone knows you can’t bring a full bottle of water through security. Instead of buying a brand new bottle of water on the other side, keep an empty water bottle in your carry-on luggage and refill it at a drinking fountain before getting on the plane.
Another way to create the ultimate vacation experience is by choosing the right destination and vacation accommodations. With 87.3 million visitors in 2011, Florida has become the top travel destination in the world. And why not? An average summer temperature of 82.7 degrees is reason enough to make the trip to the country’s southern-most state.
When vacationing in the Sunshine State, you can maximize your relaxation by choosing to stay in one of the area’s many gorgeous oceanfront vacation rentals or island condos. With more privacy and fantastic prices, weekly vacation rentals are definitely the way to go.
More than half of American vacationers feel more rested and rejuvenated after they return from vacation. By using a couple easy travel hacks and choosing the right location and accommodation, you can return from your trip feeling like a whole new person.